Thursday 28 January 2016

GREAT LOVE

GREAT LOVE

I wasn’t those kids who grew up in a Christian home. My parents had Christian background and even went to church as kids but for some reason that culture was not passed down to us.

I became a Christian in High school. Fully committed and never turned back since. Sometimes I wonder how people can “backslide”
I think everyone has some rebellious moments and some take it to the extreme but I don’t really understand how one would simply just walk away from GREAT LOVE.
 Think about it, we all look for love in one way or another in people, in things, in animal and when you finally discover God’s Love you realize that your mind cannot comprehend it. You just know different aspects of it and you cannot completely fathom the depth or height or width of it.
Why is that? Because GOD IS LOVE. Simple.
I personally believe our Christian journey is to explore that love throughout our life. That is why we are told to worship God with our lives/ lifestyle.
 Jesus put it in this way Matthew 22:27 Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
That is a lifestyle. It is not something you switch on and off depending on who is around you and what you are currently feeling.
I recently read a book THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGES by Gary Chapman
I highly recommend it and you learn these ways we communicate love to one another.

·         Through Physical Touch

·         Through Words of Affirmation
·         Through Gifts
·         Through Acts of Service
·         Through Quality Time
You will discover that we all have there but everyone has different ranks for what comes first.
What is mind blowing about this is what a transformation a relationship can have once you can figure out what the other persons love language is. The idea is that you express love the way the other person feels most loved not the way you feel most loved.

What I have discovered is that God speaks all our love languages. It is not even an issue, God Loves you whether you seek Him or not, but you only feel His Love when you accept and receive it. It is always there. Even when you are in a situation where it is easier to question God’s Love for you.
It is not measure by circumstances or feelings. It is constant because God is Constant. It does not change even when we change.

On of my favorite things to do is read scripture. A great book to read is the Gospel of John. As compared to the other Gospels, that one speaks God’s Love through and through. If you have not done a study just yet I encourage you to study the Book of John.
I love to spend time in God’s Word because I am sure there is always something I will read that will reassure me of His Love.


I will write on more of God’s Word in a another article but I just thought I would attempt to explain the concept of God’s Love
Here are a few scriptures that tell us about God’s Love from
Bible Verses on Love - God’s Love For Us 
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16 

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. - Deuteronomy 7:9 

For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones... - Psalm 37:28 

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:9-11
Bible Verses on Love – Love for God
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16 

We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. – 1 John 4:19-20 

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. - 1 John 3:10 

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. - Matthew 6:24 

So be very careful to love the LORD your God. - Joshua 23:11 

I love you, O LORD, my strength. - Psalm 18:1 

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' – Matthew 22:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment