THE RED TENT: VOICE OF DINAH
|Promotional Poster of the movie|
“The Red Tent” is a sweeping tale that takes place during the times of the Old Testament, told through the eyes of Dinah, the daughter of Leah and Jacob.
Starring Minnie Driver, Morena Baccarin, Rebecca Ferguson, Iain Glen, Will Tudor, Debra Winger
|Passing knowledge on heritage|
|Dinah and Jacob|
|Leah, Rachel, Zilpah, Bilhah|
|Leah and Dinah|
|Rachel and Dinah|
· We need to be there for each other more. We have become so much against each other. As a young woman there is barely an older woman who has ever reached out to me and ensured I am living and not existing. I can say I do so for younger ladies but for me, no one.
· We need to believe as women that even when someone hurts us we are still worthy of love because when that happens our self-esteem and self-worth are the first to suffer.
· We women are not defined by what we do but who we are. It just takes some of us longer to figure that out.
· We cannot run away from our past or hide it, it will eventually catch up with us. We need to accept it, learn from it, and move on.
· Do not loose who you are, God still has a purpose for you and a great plan for your life
I encourage you to watch the movie either way, it’s a good one with an interesting perspective.
More about Dinah from the Bible
Pictures courtesy of lifetime.com and www.redtentmovie.com
Book available on http://www.amazon.com/The-Red-Tent-A-Novel/dp/0312427298