Wednesday, 13 April 2016
ARE YOU READY?
ARE YOU READY?
So I am at that point in my life when FINALLY I am in a new season.
You know how you can pray and pray for so long for something. It starts to become that prayer request that you always bring before God and you want it answered and it’s always an issue you want dealt with. And then, its gets answered and you for some instant think it’s a fluke and wait for things to go back as they were.
Here is a question I have for you, what are you doing to prepare for the answer?
What if God actually answered your prayer as you have been praying for?
ARE YOU READY?
· Are you ready in season and out of season?
· Are you ready to move to another city?
· Are you ready to change jobs?
· Are you ready fall in love and commit?
· Are you ready to care for others?
· Are you ready for your new role?
· Are you ready to give as much as you get?
· Are you ready for that extra income?
· Are you ready get married?
· Are you ready to invest?
· Are you ready to start that business?
· Are you ready to be a parent?
The truth is we blame God for a lot and especially for our preparation for His blessing? We expect Him to keep His end of the bargain and yet we don’t feel obligated to keep ours. There are many things God wants us to work on before He gives us what we keep asking Him for. He is ready to keep His end of the deal, but are you?
Why would God give you a desire in your heart and let you agonize for ages wondering if the desire is genuine.
There is a process with these things, through the whole Bible you see God giving people dreams and taking them through a preparation period before they get to it.
Look at Joseph’s process before being a prime minister he got a good lesson in humility and being a man of prayer and patience and relying on God’s guidance to help him through a position he got overnight. There is no way joseph though he was going to rule in Egypt and actually rescue his people from famine. God had way more in mind than the way Joseph understood the dreams he had been given as a boy.
Look at Ruth, who gave up all she knew to follow a God she barely knew to a land she had never been with who hated her people. She learnt to just trust God and go about her daily business until God decided He wanted to give her more and restore what she lost because of her loyalty. He restored her position as a respectable woman in society and even an heir to continue the family name. When she left Moab that did not seem possible and even she couldn’t prepare for such a blessing.
There are many stories such as these in scripture
Doesn’t mean God will not give you the dream, just means you need to prepare. What you want as a dream is usually way bigger and it’s always way more than you think it is.
So ARE YOU READY?
· Are you ready to develop the fruit of the Spirit in your life?
· Are you ready to love like 1 Corinthians 13 says?
· Are you ready to be persecuted for your faith?
· Are you ready to give a reason for your faith?
· Are you ready for the tougher test the blessing you want will come with?
· Are you ready to resist the temptations and finish strong?
· Are you ready to submit to authority?
· Are you ready to raise children in a godly way?
· Are you ready to stay without an income before business picks up?
· Are you ready to live in a culture that think you are strange?
· Are you ready to love like Christ loved the church?
· Are you ready to obey God completely and trust His lead?
· Are you ready to have the same qualities you expect your life partner to have?
There is a lot to work on especially ourselves when we ask for things. The truth is that when we pay attention to getting ready, our prayers get answered.
That is the focus is being God’s best version of ourselves. The glory goes back to God and we become better and more qualified for whatever it is God is preparing us for.
I have always felt that at times I am caught off guard by God when He actually answers my prayers that have been a prayer item for a while. I even think at times I am unprepared to handle things but HIS GRACE IS SUFFIECIENT 2 Corinthians 12:9
We can never really be completely prepared for what God has in store for us, For His way is higher than our way and His thoughts higher than ours [Isaiah 55:8-9]
He does more than we can ever ask or think. That can never change.
However we must prepare.
We must do our part
We must work on ourselves and our attitudes
We must have an expectant heart
When you pray, do you expect god to come through for you?
Do you expect your prayer to be answered?
Are you ready? I ask again, Are you ready?
If not, get ready,
GET READY FOR GOD TO COME THROUGH FOR YOU
Watch this sermon when you have the time
It echos alot of what i have said