Tuesday 15 December 2015

BATTLE CRY

BATTLE CRY
I love to pray generally. It is not only my time to relate with God but it’s also my battle cry. My battle cry can be different. It can be strategic and it can also come from a helpless state. Either way I always have to make sure the One in charge understands exactly what is going on.
It’s not always the easiest thing to do especially for myself because it really makes me have to focus on what my life is like. I am very good at encouraging people and praying for them and even seeing the solutions to their issues. Lately I have had to back off and view my own life. And fight my battles. Yes, I am a broken person right now, even my prayers have been like a doodle they start in one way and they end in another. I even interject and mention it in the middle of asking God why my life is as it is.
What I appreciate about my prayer life is that I do not have to pretend with God. I tell Him as it is and I am sincere in my feelings and also my weakness to see beyond what I am feeling. It makes my relationship with Him so real. I do get myself in the situations at times when I should have asked Him for the strategy but either way even when I go off on my own as His daughter He will always bring me back on the right track.
There was a year I had that was really bad I couldn’t even pray, I always heard the book of Psalms was encouraging so I thought it would cheer me up to meditate on it. It did way more than that. It echoed the very feelings I had. I learnt how sincere David was about how he felt and saw the raw emotion in his words. He would even dwell on and on about his despair but the one thing I learnt about him was that he always ended it with encouraging words and how he trusted that God was always in control and the situation was not going to last.
 I am a general cry baby and I know that I am also a strong person, people generally don’t like to see me being weak. So people expect me to get over things quickly. I am not capable of doing that because by nature I ponder and analyze and just when I have gotten over one aspect of an issue I will view it in a new angle and the agony starts again. However once I am done with something, it’s over. I completely move on. I don’t return back there ever again. I am a fighter and a resilient and patient person but everything has a limit. There are some battles you just let go and let God deal with it.


I am well aware that I am not like other people so I will not process it even as advised despite the good intentions of my friends and family. Either way what I discovered is that David was the same way. If you carefully read the Psalms he would repeat a lot of his afflictions to God. He would constantly and consistently take the same issues to God. Why? Because when something is weighing on you the best person to tell is always God. He knows how to comfort you and He gets you and gets the whole picture even the one you cannot see. Even when He sends help from others they will minister to you to a certain point, but in the end He is the one who will get you through and give you the much needed solutions. The battle is the Lord’s always.
As much as I love to pray for people I have realized that sometimes relying on others to pray for you all the time robs you of that precious interaction with God. It robs you of the instructions from the Master. God is your Father, you have a different and a special relationship with Him than I do. I can pray for you as a sister but there are things that will be attended to better if you personally take it to Him yourself.
I encourage you to pursue that daily, and take the adventure with God. He is there ready for you.
When I became a new believer one of the songs that really caught my attention was Mark Shultz song He’s my son. It was so sincere and powerful as a lot of his songs are. I decided to end the post with the lyrics of the song as well as a link to the song.
Hope you are blessed by it as you start this journey of seeking God. Just be yourself, He is your Father. There is no formula on how to talk to Him

Click HERE for the link
Below are the lyrics
I'm down on my knees again tonight,
I'm hoping this prayer will turn out right.
See, there is a boy that needs Your help.
I've done all that I can do myself
His mother is tired,
I'm sure You can understand.
Each night as he sleeps
She goes in to hold his hand,
And she tries
Not to cry
As the tears fill her eyes.

Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place some how.
See, he's not just anyone, he's my son.

Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep,
I dream of the boy he'd like to be.
I try to be strong and see him through,
But God, who he needs right now is You.
Let him grow old,
Live life without this fear.
What would I be
Living without him here?
He's so tired,
And he's scared
Let him know that You're there.

Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place some how.
See, he's not just anyone, he's my son.

Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow.
See, he's not just anyone.

Can You hear me?
Can You see him?
Please don't leave him,
He's my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment